Wednesday, December 12, 2007

WED-NEWS-DAY

So, this week I’m going to be going out to a couple things. If you’ve got any sense in you, I’ll see you there.
Tomorrow. dec. 13th at Oxenrose (salon/gallery) come check out Frankie Norstad‘s opening reception for her new photo-project from 8pm-11. It’s 448 Grove St between Octavia and Gough, which is pretty much accessible by anywhere in like 10 minutes.
I’m going because the show is called “Incest. A love story,” she references Daniel Johnston in her photos, and because she takes pictures like this:

Please let these guys be the incest reference. They’re so cute that I don’t even mind that she totally had pictures of her dressed up like a playboy bunny on her myspace that I snooped.
ALSO
With a little more notice, The Luggage Store is having a very RVCA-esque and super epic art show featuring five million artists and musicians.
Notables from our end: Barry Mcgee, Ed Templeton, Tommy Guerero’s sweet tunes, Chris Johanson, Phil Frost… Basically if you liked our opening reception, or just like us at all, you’ll also like this.

In other news, something not so artistically amazing or inspiring fell into my lap. But nevertheless, it totally got me charged.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

These, are flip flop creepers. I swear to God I banished both of these things years ago. I don’t even wear flip flops to the beach and I never (seriously even in my “punk” phase) even owned a pair of creepers. The awe is a mixture of their mysterious and unmerited union and the fact that somehow in this twisted universe I am now the parent of their half-breed offspring.
In the name of journalism, I just totally put them on. They were actually totes comfortable, just about as comfortable as turtlenecks and sweatpants. Just as cute too!!
It’s really crazy because to the naked eye it’s like someone just took an aerial photograph of a creeper with a skull and crossbones and then just like, Elmer’s glued it onto some foam. It’s also platform for authenticity.
The toe harness, bridle, whatever, is also kind of a translucent Pepsi color so it wholly blends into the photograph without having too striking of a contrast with your foot!
On the bottom, these “shoes” are labeled R and L, for your right and left foot, respectively.
This ain’t no balance of opposites. This is two bad things.

-Jen Snyder

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home